Golf RegistrationMay 1st-8th at the CenterWatch for newsletter for details!
2013 Senior Golf Registration Forms
Take advantage of us!
Shop with usVisit our Off Broadway Boutique and Thrift Shop. Great gifts, home decor, clothes, decorations and jewelry!Shop open Monday-Thursday 9am-3pm, Friday 9am-2pm.
Attend our Orientation and be in the know of the more than 200 different programs, activities and services. Learn who and what we are as well as how to access all that we have to offer during a guided tour of our beautiful Senior Center. Held the first Wednesday of every month, 9:30-11:30. No pre-registration required.
Begin Living Your Dream in 2013!
We can help you achieve your new year resolutions! Check out all the programs and services we offer to help you stay well and fit!
Day Trips* The Crooner and the Bombshell (Venus DeMilo, Swansea, MA) ~ Tuesday, April 16th 10:00am~5:00pmCost: $69pp includes dinner (Chicken Parmesan or Baked Scrod) and show at Venus DeMilo, motorcoach and tip.
* The Rat Pack Is Back! (Ogunquit Playhouse and dinner at Jonathan's Restaurant, Ogunquit, ME) And a stop along the way at Stonewall Kitchen in York, ME ~ Thursday, May 30th 9:30am~6:00pmCost: $91pp includes dinner (Roast Loin of Pork or Seafarer's Cache') and show at Ogunquit Playhouse, motorcoach and tip.
* A Day in Gloucester, MA (Sail aboard the Schooner Thomas E. Lannon & lunch at Gloucester House Restaurant) ~ Thursday, June 27th 8:30am~3:30pmCost: $71pp includes 2 hr. sail, dinner (Baked Scrod or Yankee Pot Roast Jardiniere), motorcoach and tip.
* Singin' In the Rain (New London Barn Playhouse and dinner at The Common Man Restaurant in Concord, NH)~ Wednesday, July 24th 10:30am~6:00pmCost: $59pp Includes dinner (Baked Haddock or Pot Roast) and show at New London Barn Playhouse, motorcoach and tip.
* Foxwoods Resort Casino, Ledyard, CT ~ Mondays 7am to 6:30pm4/22, 5/20, 6/17, 7/15, 8/19, 9/16, 10/21, 11/18. Package w/$15 food coupon or free buffet, $10 Keno. Cost: $26 inclues casino package, motorcoach and tip.
Overnight Trips* Penn Dutch Country (featuring the new show Noah) ~ May 21-23 (Tues.-Thur.)Join Best of Times as we travel to Penn Dutch Country. Program includes motorcoach transportation, 2 nights accommodations, 4 meals, ticket to "Noah" and more.3-Day Penn Dutch trip $389/double, $489/single. Flyers with full details available at the Senior Center.
* 9/11 Memorial in NY City, West Point Academy w/Hudson River Valley, Lyndhurst Castle, & Dinner Theatre! ~ June 28-29 (Fri.-Sat.)Join Best of Times as we travel to New York. Program includes motorcoach transportation, lodging, 2 meals, dinner theatre show, touring and all admissions.$289/double, $349/single. Flyers with full details available at the Senior Center.
Salem Senior Services is a department of the Town of Salem. The mission of Salem Senior Services is to assist the Town of Salem’s Senior Citizens in maintaining self-sufficiency in their homes; acquaint them with local, county, state and federal programs; increase their opportunities to interact in the community; and provide them with a Center which fosters mental, physical, social and nutritional well-being in a wholesome environment.
Who: Senior community residents 60 years of age or older. All participants must register. General participation is free for Salem residents; $30 annually for non-residents effective August 1, 2012. A guest pass is available for a visiting guest of a registered participant whose only intention is to partake of the programs less than 3 times per year. Guest pass fee: $3 per person, per visit
What: Seniors can drop in any time just for coffee and conversation or to partake in any of our more than 200 structured activities, programs and services. The vast array of programs offers something for everyone in the way of wellness, socialization, exercise, education, enrichment, nutrition, transportation and support services.
Salem Senior Services (Ingram Senior Center) is funded by the Town of Salem taxpayers and Salem Council on Aging. Our 2012 Operating Budget is $297,650.00. We do not receive any state or federal monies. As of January 1, 2012 we are serving more than 2,260 seniors registered to actively participate in our programs, of which 85% are Salem residents and 15% from other communities.
Activities, Programs & ServicesNewsletter & Calendar
Additional Resources:Council on AgingElderly Exemption InformationServiceLink Rockingham County (603) 893-9769, NH Toll Free (866) 634-9412Greater Salem Caregivers (603) 898-2850CART Transportation (603) 434-3569Salem Housing Authority (603) 893-6417Silverthorne Adult Day (603) 893-4799Salemhaven Nursing Home (603) 893-5586NH Bureau of Adult & Elderly Services (BEAS)NH Legal Assistance (603) 624-6000, NH Toll Free (888) 353-9944NH Veterans Services (603) 624-9230, NH Toll Free (800) 622-9230US Administration on AgingNational Council on AgingNational Institute of Senior Center
Russell & Roberta Ingram Senior Center1 Sally Sweet Way (off Veteran’s Memorial Parkway)
603-890-2190Hours:Mon thru Thurs8:30 am to 4:30 pmFridays 8:30 am to 3:30 pm